So I haven’t talked about my job on here but I work in Government Contracts (it is really not as
glamorous boring important as it sounds) and the fiscal year for the Government ends September 30th. This means they have to spend all their money or lose it come next years budget. So this week for me is kinda like what tax season is for CPA’s. It is chaotic, frenzied and really stressful. Meaning I have not taken one picture of my meals this week and with a few new faces around here I figured I would change it up a bit this week with a few random things about me.
* I majored in Communication with a minor in Sociology in college. My job has nothing to do with either but I guess my blog kinda does, right?
* I played Softball growing up from 8 years old up to 17 years old. I was a lefty who played third base. When I got to High School they wouldn’t let me play 3rd (they didn’t think a lefty could do it) so I became a pitcher and ended up pitching almost every game my Sophmore year. I miss playing all the time and go to the batting cages when I can.
* I played soccer when I was young too but I was really aggressive and so they tried putting my as Goalie. No-one puts Kerry in a corner!
* I am a total type A and I fit my Virgo personality perfectly. I make lists upon lists of everything. Some of it is due to a concussion and memory issues but mostly just due to me constantly wanting to look things up, research something, remember a song or movie someone mentioned. I keep a daily, weekly and monthly to-do list thanks to Chalene’s 30 day program to help master organization and meeting goals.
* I lost my kitty Jasmine in January 2013 to feline breast cancer. I still cry looking at pictures of her and it was one of the hardest things watching her go. She was the first pet that was all mine and not a family pet.
* I can not carry a tune, like at all!
* I am a lefty – it has been said we a smarter! 😉
* I am a total old soul and believe in good old fashion values. I wish we didn’t lose so much of what was good about the older generation.
* I have such a hard time saying No and want to help everyone, sometimes as the detriment of my own sanity or comfort. I don’t know if this is a good or bad quality.
* Yellow is my favorite color. I really makes me smile when wearing it, decorating with it, or painting with it.
* I will always support breast cancer fundraising. I used to walk/volunteer at the Breast Cancer Walk in Boston and pass out favors at the finish line. I also ended up with extreme hypothermia while doing the 3 day Breast Cancer walk one year.
Well that is all I have for today, hope you learned a little bit more about me. I can’t tell you all enough how incredibly blessed I feel that you take the time to read my little ole blog. If we haven’t connected yet please comment so we can get to know each other better! Much love!
Linking up with Shanna for Random Wednesday.