Well another week is upon us and I can gladly say that this weekend was really restful. As much as I wanted to cross off some items from my many to-do lists I didn’t do anything that wasn’t required. It was so relaxing and decadent to not be running around like a crazy person.
Friday: I spent the night catching up on my DVR’s so I don’t have pictures of it.
1. I started the morning off with a really large cup of coffee. Seamus actually let me sleep in until 6:30 which is really late for him.
2. I made a quick run to the grocery store and picked up this Smoked Gouda with Bacon cheese.
3. I started knitting a new fall hat while watching a ton of Movies. Including No Strings Attached, Miss Congeniality, Message in a Bottle and Bridesmaids.
4. I baked 2 slices of Hard Salami per muffin tin in the oven at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes to make cups then added some cucumber, tomatoes and cheese.
5. Just in time for the Ohio State Game to start I made Cheesy Corn Chowder with Bacon and Gorgonzola from How Sweet It Is. It was AMAZING!! Probably my favorite soup EVER now! Ohio State kicked some Florida A&M butt. Total shutout 76-0.
6. I started my morning off with some juicing! This is Apples, orange, carrots, celery and blueberries.
7. I finished this book. I have another 4 out from the library so I need to get reading. I can’t figure out how I feel about this book. It was not what I expected and the ending took a really weird turn. I didn’t hate it but it was just random.
8. I finished my Slouchy Cable Beret! Looking forward to wearing it once the weather gets cooler. It knitted up quickly too. It is actually a more mint color than the pic shows.
9. Snuggle time with Seamus for the rest of the night watching a little Breaking Bad.
Overall very relaxing weekend. I even took a 25 minute power nap on Sunday after the Patriots game. Not having to fit so much into such a small amount of time was really refreshing. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts because I know it won’t last long!
How was your weekend?