I promised my girl Liz that I would do a 25 Facts about me post after reading and commenting on her blog Fitness Blondie. This girl is a firecracker and totally plays up to the role of the blonde bombshell, but don’t let the hair and make-up fool you, she is not a cliche and a total sweetheart! Basically she is my kinda people! If you want to read her 25 facts go here.
So here are my facts in no particular order.
1. I am the baby of the family. I have an older Brother and Sister. I am the favorite! 😉
2. At one time I wanted to be a cop, a private eye, or a crime scene expert. I think because I like solving puzzles.
3. I could care less about the over/under toilet paper debate. Who really cares as long as there is some to wipe your bum?!
4. Along those same lines I don’t get bent out of shape if the guy doesn’t put the seat down. Seriously he has to raise it to pee why can’t you lower it to pee?! Quit being a diva. Just kidding but get some perspective people!
5. I am a total exclamation point junkie, I use it way to much and I don’t care to stop!!!!
6. Grammer – As much as I try to type correctly I don’t stress if there is a typo. Sometimes my mind speaks faster than my hands. I try my best but I am not perfect. Get over it.
7. If I start a puzzle I have to finish it the same day. It will totally bug me and I won’t be able to sleep until finished.
8. One of my Pet Peeves is when stores put only one thing in a bag, such a waste.
9. If I could have a superpower it would be to eat whatever I wanted without gaining weight. True story.
10. I love sleeping in a tent. Hearing the birds in the morning and crickets at night is so soothing. When I was given the choice to sleep on the porch at the Cape house to pitching my tent, I took the tent.
11. I know my Mom was in her 20’s when she went almost completely gray though she says her colorist charges her a lot to call it “blonde”. Sorry Mom. If I didn’t color my hair it would probably be 20% gray too.
12. I have never technically broken any bones but when I was hit by a car while riding my bike I separated my clavicle along with many other injuries.
13. As much as I love to bake I am completely self taught though I have contemplated going to Le Cordon Blue.
14. I read about 1-2 books a week. I like to read for 30 minutes when I wake up and 30 minutes before bed. Are we friends on Goodreads? Currently I am reading The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison
15. I will forever be a Daddy’s girl. He has the kindest heart, but he never let us get away with anything.
16. I almost never watch shows when they air. I usually have to DVR everything. The gym and blogging usually takes up my evenings.
17. I bought my home in February 2010 by myself. It is a half duplex and I got it cheap so hoping it becomes a great investment. It is 3 bedrooms and 1-1/2 baths. I have a home gym in my basement which I love for doing workout DVD’s or free weights. It is not all sunshine and roses though, sometimes I feel house poor and wish I could do more improvements.
18. If I only have time to check one social media site it will always be Instagram.
19. I will always own at least one pet. They truly make every day better.
20. I went through this weird phase of reading lots of philosopher/theology/beat poet books. Searching for the meaning of life or something. For example: Tolstoy, Nietzsche, Dostoevsky, Kierkegaard, Kerouac (born in Lowell Mass), Faulkner, Ginsberg. I loved them all for many different reasons but mainly I just loved learning different takes on the meaning of life and the search for inner peace and happiness.
21. I love Trivia. I rock at movie trivia and random pop culture questions. I once wrote out all these 6 ways to Kevin Bacon in a notebook. I am weird.
22.I went to Clark University for Multimedia design but never really used it for a job. It was kinda right before the dot com companies went bust.
23. I once owned so many DVDs that I kept the titles typed up in a Word document in alphabetical order and stored them that way too. OCD much?! I don’t do it anymore though.
24. I love to knit even though I tend to do it in cycles (usually in the winter).
25. In January I will have been blogging for a year! I can’t believe it but I am so grateful for all the great people I have met or talk to on a regular basis. It really is the best community ever!
kathy @ vodka and soda says
i never watch live tv either – the commercials irritate me so we record everything and binge watch our shows..it’s the best!
I know I love just being able to catch up on them all at once and skip all the commercials. If I have to watch it that night I usually start 20 minutes later so I can still skip the commercials.
I just love reading these!!!
Thanks! Hopefully it didn’t scare anyone off! 🙂
Nikki @ The Pink Growl says
I love exclamation points!!!! I feel that I definitely overuse them. I also love sweet baby Seamus!
Glad I am not the only one! Seamus says thank you!!
SMD @ Life According to Steph says
I am so not a puzzle person. I love that you bought your house yourself. I hate feeling house poor but some months you just are.
I also never watch live TV unless it’s HGTV or Food Network that’s on in the background while I read, check email, etc.
Yes, like dropping 400-800 on oil heat in the Winter or when something breaks! 🙁 I just can’t stand all the commercials, but totally love the background noise!
I love some of these! And some make me go WTF… like sleeping in a tent voluntarily?! You’re nuts! My mom does the DVD thing still. And watching TV live is so overrated, unless it’s something that people spoil on twitter and then I will start it like ten minutes late so I can skip most commercials!
I love it, I usually have an air mattress in there so I am not totally on the ground! Yes I have to stay off twitter if I haven’t watched something yet, and I hate the commercials.
YOU GOT HIT BY A CAR??? Wth?!
I LOVE six degrees of Kevin Bacon! I could do that all day.
Yeah it was crazy and the recovery time was horrible! I still have memory, hip and knee problems from it.
I think I still have them in a notebook somewhere! I’ll have to find them and quiz you! Haha!
Queen Fitness Blondie L says
Aw I LOVE YOU GIRL! Thanks for the shout out!!!
Dude I am SO with you on the exclamation points… I can’t stop either!
I love your WORD DOCUMENT FOR DVDS… hilarious.
And insane about being hit by a car… WOW.
Love you too girl! Totally deserving of a shout out! I think they totally express my utter glee in my comments!! 🙂
I was a little bit crazy about organization back them, but I owned like over 400 so I wanted to keep track of them all.
Yeah, it took my 6 months before I could raise my hands above my head and I had tingling in my brain for a year! Craziness but he did stop at the fire house down the road to get help.
#3 and 4! I thought it was just me, sitting there all “who the hell cares?” It takes far less time to fix the seat and toilet paper to your liking than it does to complain about it. (But John’s dog drinks toilet water if you don’t close the lid, so maybe I just don’t know this pain because the seat’s always down.)
Amen to always having a pet. I absolutely count my fish, so I was only ever pet-less during my freshman year of college. Which is probably good, I was pretty drunk and barely able to take care of myself…
It totally isn’t worth complaining about!! I killed so many fish in college!! Oops! I don’t count it though since my pups were at home waiting for me!! 😉
Brianne Bracco says
I’m a trivia junkie too. 🙂 And dang..you were organized with your DVD’s! Haha…I’ve been meaning to at least alphabetize ours..we have over 250!
Total excuse for following celebs, right?? It will eventually be a trivia question! 😉 it really was a sickness. When I moved I sold or gave away a bunch to help get rid of clutter but I still have about 150 or so. Thank goodness for Redbox and Netflix!!
I could care less about the toilet paper debate, too. I just grab a new role and stick it on the thing. I don’t see the point in arguing over stuff that doesn’t matter much in the long run. If I had married someone who insisted that toothpaste be squeezed a certain way, I would have either adapted or bought us both separate toothpastes because it’s not worth a daily debate.
I love what you said about the tent! My little brother pitched a tent in our backyard one summer and slept out there every night. My parents had a door that leads right in to their room that they would leave unlocked in case he needed to get back in (they are super light sleepers.) Tents are so much fun! Have you see the ones suspended from trees and such?
Exactly! It seems so trivial in the grand scheme of things. Though I am sure I have my quirks too! I have seen them but I think I would be so afraid to fall out or forget I was in a tree and walk out and fall! Haha!
Oh man… 9 is a GREAT one! You redeemed yourself from the toilet paper debate… everyone knows it goes over not under. Get your shit together. (Pun intended. Duh.)
Haha!! Great super power right?! You are too funny!! Seriously people get so heated about it on Facebook and twitter or whatnot and I die laughing! I grew up with a Single Dad and my brother so I guess we just never cared. As long as there is paper to wipe I am good! 🙂
Same here with the tp debate and the lid up/down. Don’t really care. However, if someone pops a squat and leaves a mess…you about to see a southern girl get heated. hahaha and I am so grateful for your year in blogging!
Oh my goodness, I spit out my drink! I want to see the Southern girl come out to play! I am so grateful for blogging since i got to meet you of course! Can’t wait till you get your butt up here girl so we get another blate!