This post almost didn’t happen because I was wrapped up in getting my Christmas tree decorated, but I really wanted to share my survey results and what that means for this old blog of mine. I am finishing up my second year of blogging and I really want to focus this blog a little more, and plan a little more to keep my sanity.
In the coming months I hope to make some slight changes and I would love your feedback along the way. I might even do another survey in a few months so brace yourselves.
How Did You Find This Blog?
|We know each other in real life||2||4%|
|Linked from another blog i.e sidebar or linkup||25||54%|
|Friend recommended (If so give that friend a hug from me)||1||2%|
Summary: If this says anything, it is that linkups are worth it. I know some of my longer time readers are from a recipe linkup we used to do. I obviously need to do more with Facebook and Twitter. I fail to pay attention to either on most days so this is not shocking to me.
How often do you read this blog?
|This is my first time||0||0%|
|Once a week||6||13%|
|A few times a month||3||7%|
|Whenever I remember||2||4%|
Summary: For the most part you read every post. Some of you catch up when you can. This at least let’s me know I am not boring the pants out of you.
Should I post:
|Don’t care (I’m crying a little)||2||4%|
Summary: I like that for the most part you like the frequency in which I post which is roughly 4 times a week. I like having Wednesday off to play catch up with blog reading but depending on how organized I can be next year I may blog more often. I love that no one said less often. I am going to assume don’t care means you want me to do what is best for me and not that you could care less, because you hate my blog. Mmmm kay!!
How do you read this blog
|Through a reader i.e Bloglovin, Feedly, Google reader etc.||34||74%|
|Type in the address into a search engine||4||9%|
Summary: I am not surprised most come through a blog reader, since that is becoming more common. I am surprised people type it into the address bar, but again I really need to work more on Twitter and Facebook.
What are your favorite posts
|Be The Change/ Random Acts of Kindness||29||63%|
|Random Life Posts||31||67%|
Summary: I am glad recipes are in the lead because they are something I like doing and plan on continuing. Friday favorites are fun for me and I like to be able to catalog some projects I am hoping to complete. I am not surprised the Weekend recaps are in the bottom since most bloggers can care less for them. This is one of the posts I am looking to revamp and hopefully cut a lot of info out, and shorten them. I am going to try a few formats so look for those and give me feedback.
What are your least favorite posts
|Be The Change/ Random Acts of Kindness||0||0%|
|Random Life Posts||0||0%|
|Weekend Recaps ( I know most bloggers hate these)||10||22%|
Summary: Awwww I love you guys. Not surprised again weekend recaps are the least favorite. Book posts are subjective, what I read may not be your cup of tea or *gasp* you may not be a reader. It is a huge part of my life, I read from a book everyday so I don’t plan on removing them but I do like the linkup with Steph and Jana that is once a month. This frequency is a better fit than mentioning them every week. Compromise wins.
Anything else you want me to know?
- More pics of Seamus! lol – You got it!
- I love your recipes and decorating tips!! – Why, thank you.
- Keep doing your awesome thing! – Will do, thanks!
- Every time I come to your blog I love it!! – Thanks!
- You’re doing a great job! You never know who you are inspiring…including me. 🙂 – Such a great compliment, thanks!
- Love you and your blog! And Seamus. – Seamus, loves you too.
- You do a fantastic job!! I always look forward to a new post. Your DIY are very impressive!! – Thank you, made my day!
- you’re awesome! – Well, you are pretty awesome too.
- I actually found you because you commented on my blog first!! – Yeah, see linkups do work. 😉
- You know I love you and all you do!!! – Thank you!
- you are awesome sauce. That is all. – My favorite.
- I really enjoy your positivity and creativity. Thank you for sharing and enlightening. And for caring what your followers want to see. – Always care about you all, it means the world you spend some time reading my ramblings.
- I love your face! – I love yours too.
- I comment less often than I do on other blogs because I read via my iPad and it gets tedious to type in my email address, blog link, and name every single time. If I comment from a computer, it’s not as bad because it remembers me but from an iPad, it doesn’t. While I read almost every post, I don’t comment as often due to the commenting format your blog has. Other than that, I love your blog so much!!!!! – You should be able to comment via google, maybe I’ll do a tutorial. Unfortunately this is a WordPress issue but it is a benefit because of backlinks.
- Seamus is adorable! – Thank you, I agree.
- You do you, my friend! – Thank you for the encouragement.
- I really love ALL of your posts- you have such a great variety of everything and I really look forward to reading your blog. – Thanks, it would be boring for me without the variety.
- You have an awesome blog! – Thank you so very much!
- You and your blog are awesome! Keep it up 🙂 – Thanks, I am sure going to try.
- MORE PHOTOS OF SEAMUS. All Seamus, all the time. I like all your posts. I don’t read weekend recaps in general, but I browse yours for Seamus photos. – Haha! Seamus is a star!! He is already a photo hog I won’t be able to get him away from the camera now.
Summary: It was so hard for me that this was anonymous because I wanted to comment back to you all with these sweet comments. This was really a section for you to give me any feedback you wanted including what you want to see in the future, and it was all pretty positive. I can’t thank you enough. It seems Seamus can not be ignored and will find more space on the blog.
Not worth mentioning: All those who filled out the survey were female and no one had any issues finding what they are looking for on my blog. This let’s me know at least my design is okay. I thought of a million other questions I wanted to ask after I posted this survey, so a follow-up might happen.
I loved being able to hear your thoughts and see what you liked. I think it confirmed what I was thinking and also got a chance to see what you all think. If there is anything you want to see on my blog in the future, a topic you want me to cover please let me know in the comments.