Am I the only one who needs to check their social media in order to remember what they actually did and when for the weekend?
Thursday – For the Fourth of July I spent the day at the beach. I failed to remember that this was really my first day chilin at the beach and got a little burnt. I think as I get older I am more prone to it too! 🙁 I’m old.
1. The last is at the end of my street so I can walk to it. They even rake the beach so there are no rocks. I love it. Most people head for the ocean so it feel like my own private beach sometimes.
2. Poor Seamus got so much attention so he got two really long walks each day. He was a little tuckered out.
3. I made this special 4th of July treat. Fresh strawberries, cool whip and fresh blueberries. I didn’t add any sugar or anything else. It was so taste and healthy. There was a house that lives on the lake that had a huge group of people over and they were setting off fireworks so all went to the end of my driveway to see a bit of the fireworks. Seamus was going a little crazy with the fireworks going off. He was barking at the really loud ones and then running and jumping on me for the rest of the time. He was a total cuddle monster trying to get away from the noise.
Friday – Since I did get a little burnt I spent Friday inside doing chores, reading, and watching movies. I lubed up with lots of Aloe and lotion so that hopefully I could get back outside at some point. I also broke in my new grill!
4. Marinated BBQ chicken cooking on the grill.
5. Served the cooked BBQ chicken with a side of salad. So yummy.
6. The real reason I fired up the grill was to make S’Mores. I only made one but it was so worth it!
7. Snitch with the Rock was really good. He takes on becoming a snitch to get his son out of jail for taking a package his friend sent full of drugs.
8. 12 Rounds 2 reloaded – I have to say I did see the first one with John Cena because come on he is hot and from Boston, so I watched the sequal because …friggin Randy Orton is H.O.T.!!! I am not usually into muscle guys but with the face, the body and the tattoo sleeves it works. Anyhoo there is a movie in there somewhere. He is an EMT and he happens upon an accident and fails to save one of the passengers. He then has to follow 12 rounds of clue in an act of revenge against all the people involved who helped set the “killer” free.
9. Warm Bodies – A Zombie with the ability to become human again with the help of a girl. It was a bit weird but some really funny points to the movie. It was cute.
Saturday – The burn was not so bad when I woke up so I hit the beach again. This time I used sunscreen. Took Seamus for another two long walks.
10. I used SPF 30 and after a few hours at the beach I was not more red but more brown. Happy girl!
11. After getting back from the beach it was time to fuel up. Clean eating is all about eating the rainbow. I think I had a little bit of each color. Included was BBQ Chicken, Carrots, Celery, Orange, tomato and spinach & artichoke hummus. So yummy!
12. Seriously Ted is such a funny movie! Not really kid friendly but the most inapproriately funny movie. It was the perfect ending to the night!
Sunday – I went for a morning hike to get the day started. Who said you can’t get a good workout from hiking? No-one, that’s who! I burnt a ton of calories (Which is better than burning my body). Then I hit up the grocery store for a few fruits and veggies. After making some lunch I finished up some chores and took Seamus for a walk. I made him some homemade dog biscuits.
13. I love hiking. Everytime I go I end up taking a new route and love exploring.
14. Either way a ton of calories are burned!
15. Busted out the grill for some kabobs. This was steak marinated in ceasar dressing, zucchini and pineapple. I served it with a side salad with lettuce, red onion, tomato, carrots, and celery. So good!
How was your weekend?!