I hope everyone spent some time yesterday remembering those who have fought for our freedom, and continue to fight. I spent a good portion of this weekend close to home either shopping, cleaning, reading, sleeping or watching Scandal. It was such a relaxing weekend but no major happening. I want this to be a light week so I can get back on track with a few things so I am taking a page from Lauren’s book telling us what she wanted us to write about.
There are so many things in my life that make me happy but these are a few of my favorites in no particular order:
1. Seamus – No surprise there right?! You really can’t have a bad day around this little cutie!
Then one Easter weekend, tragedy comes to call. The event is so devastating that, almost imperceptibly, it begins to tear the family apart. Years pass as the children become adults, find new relationships, and develop their own separate lives. Soon it seems as though they’ve never been a family at all. But then something happens that calls them back to the house they grew up in — and to what really happened that Easter weekend so many years ago.
Told in gorgeous, insightful prose that delves deeply into the hearts and minds of its characters, The House We Grew Up In is the captivating story of one family’s desire to restore long-forgotten peace and to unearth the many secrets hidden within the nooks and crannies of home.
4. Text Messages from friends – Really just connecting with them makes me happy. *To protect the innocent no pics of this one. 😉
5. Spending time with my family – Aren’t they just adorable?!
Bathroom re-do last year.
8. Victoria’s Secret EVERYTHING – I may have ordered some more workout gear this weekend, okay I did. 🙂
10. Volunteering / Giving Back – This is something that I have always enjoyed. I found Seamus while I was volunteering at an Animal Shelter, I have sat with the elderly at the hospital and written to soldiers serving overseas. I am doing the Random Acts of Kindess for Be The Change but I am thinking I want to maybe volunteer somewhere local again. There is a horse farm that needs volunteers that I am looking into if it will fit into my schedule. Either way big or small giving back always make me happy.
These are just a few of the things that make me happy. There is so many small things everyday that make me happy, you just have to notice them.
What are some things that make you happy?