In deciding to try the Paleo diet I wanted to eat as many food I recognize as possible in order to make it easier to do long term. I am a big fan of protein pancakes because they are easy to whip up and perfect for when I get home from the gym for dinner. When I found this recipe I knew I wanted to try it. I made only slight modifications.
Directions: Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Just smoosh the banana into the mixture with your hands and mix to incorporate. You could use a fork but that wouldn’t be as much fun.
- 4 eggs (room temperature) ~ ¼ cup coconut flour ~ ¼ tsp sea salt (I used Kosher course salt) ~ ½ banana mashed ~ 2 tsp pure vanilla extract ~ 1 tsp baking soda ~ ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Just smoosh the banana into the mixture with your hands and mix.
- Add some coconut oil into a medium heat pan and add dollops of batter into the pan.
- Flip after 2-4 minutes.
- Optional: Add a few slices of banana to the pan and flip after a minute to glaze both sides.
- This made 3 medium sized pancakes and 3 smaller pancakes.
- Serve with pure maple syrup, and top with the grilled banana. Grass fed butter is also an option.